Whilst interest rates have remained low, individuals have often been able to avoid bankruptcy or entering into a formal IVA. An increase interest rates will make servicing their debts more challenging for many and the rise in asset values is already providing an incentive for creditors to push debtors into bankruptcy and/or for trustees in bankruptcy to take action to realise assets.
If you are facing personal insolvency, we will assist you to set down a clear plan of action to deal with the issues that confront you. We will help you to understand the available options and the procedures involved and then work with you to achieve the best result.
We also assist insolvency practitioners throughout the South East advising in relation to investigations, holding debtors to account and the realisation of assets.
The services we offer
- Bankruptcy and annulment of bankruptcy
- Advising on individual voluntary arrangements and interim orders
- Advising in connection with applications for possession of family homes
- Asset recovery, including examination of bankrupts and claims involving preferences and transactions at an undervalue
- Asset freezing and other injunctive relief
- Acting for a trustee in bankruptcy in a substantial claim against a bankrupt and connected persons after the dissipation of property, funds and other assets prior to bankruptcy, involving applications for the examination of the bankrupt, the setting aside of transactions at an undervalue, a declaration as to title of property and an income payments order.
- Acting for trustees in bankruptcy in relation to numerous applications for orders for possession and sale of matrimonial homes. Also acting for non-bankrupt spouses responding to such claims.
- Acting for a number of individuals in connection with obtaining the annulment of their bankruptcies