It is important for business owners and directors to take advice in order to protect their position regarding their potential liabilities and also balance these against the position of creditors, as well as taking positive action to find creative solutions and opportunities.
Our team works with directors, individuals, insolvency practitioners, security holders and investors to provide a service tailored to our clients' needs in both contentious and non-contentious matters. Our approach is to offer clear thinking and a pragmatic, cost-effective solution. We understand that, in all aspects of our work, time is critical and so we will work with you to find a fast and effective way forward.
We can assist clients find and put in place the appropriate funding arrangements for their needs. We also work with insolvency practitioners throughout the South East advising in relation to corporate reconstruction and recovery. As a full service commercial practice, Mundays is able to deal with the majority of issues arising in any insolvency context by drawing from the experience of other departments within the firm, such as dispute resolution, company law, banking, property and employment.
The services we provide
Our dedicated team can assist with:
- company administrations and liquidations, including sales and purchases of insolvent business
- advising on refinancing, waivers and revision to financial and other covenants in banking documentation
- corporate restructuring
- solvent re-organisation (including section 110 schemes)
- schemes of arrangement (including CVAs and MVAs)
- applications for validation orders
- advising on directors duties, including claims involving misfeasance and wrongful or fraudulent trading
- advising on directors’ disqualification
- asset recovery, including claims involving preferences and transactions at an undervalue
- asset freezing and other injunctive relief
- applications for the restoration of dissolved companies to the register of companies
We have recently advised:
- a large company in relation to an application for an administration order and for the dismissal of a winding up petition. Subsequently acted for the administrator in relation to the sale of the business
- nominees in a number of pre-pack administrations and in the subsequent sales of the businesses concerned. Also acted for liquidators in relation to liquidation-sales
- a publishing company which was facing a winding up petition and prevented from trading as a result of the freezing of its bank account. Assisted the company in obtaining a validation order to unfreeze its bank account. Subsequently acted for the liquidators in relation to the sale of the business
- a law firm facing a winding up petition. Following the freezing of its client account, it also faced the prospect of being unable to complete on certain corporate and property transactions. Assisted the firm in obtaining a validation order to unfreeze its bank account and in subsequently entering into a CVA
- a group of former directors of a company in a substantial claim brought against them by the company’s liquidator, involving allegations of misfeasance, wrongful trading, transactions at an undervalue, illegal dividends and claims for the repayment of alleged loans
- a high profile individual threatened with director’s disqualification proceedings