Charities and voluntary organisations face complex and ever changing legislation, whilst balancing the demands of fund raising with operating within the limits of the regulatory framework, often with limited resources.
As well as charity law, our lawyers are able to share their expertise in assisting clients across the full range of their operations.
We advise charities and not for profit organisations on the following issues:
- setting up a charity, whether by trust, company limited by guarantee, CIC or otherwise
- applications to the Charity Commission
- public benefit
- changes to a charity’s constitution and obtaining any necessary permissions
- restructuring and amalgamations of charities and the winding up or dissolutions of charities
- acquisition/disposal of all interests in land
- management and administration of charities and not for profit organisations
- regulatory advice when dealing with regulatory bodies such as the Charity Commission, the Communities and Local Government Department, the Homes for Communities Agency, HMRC, the Education and Skills Funding Agency and Companies House
- trading, commercial contracts and setting up a subsidiary
- employment and volunteer issues
- advising on all manner of commercial contracts
- licensing the use of institution's brand and branding with partner institutions
- advising on research and collaboration contracts between institutions
- advising on data protection within contracts
- advising on the use of spin out companies including setting up, memorandum and articles of association, ownership of intellectual property
- property development, acquisitions and disposals
- apprenticeship levy services agreement
We act for a wide range of education institutions, charities and other not for profit institutions including trusts, schools, charity companies, registered social landlords, clubs and other unincorporated associations.
Many of our partners are trustees, governors and directors of such organisations, and bring with them a wealth of legal and practical expertise in this sector through years of advising and running such bodies.
Mundays advises all types of businesses from start-ups to public companies, charities in the form of charitable trusts and companies limited by guarantee together with non-charitable companies limited by guarantee such as social enterprises.