Michael is partner and head of our commercial property team and splits his time between the Surrey and London offices.
Michael has a particular expertise in:
- acquisition and disposals of retail, office and industrial buildings, ranging from vacant buildings to large scale tenanted property portfolios;
- office and industrial development, including drafting and negotiating pre-lets;
- retail, office and industrial leasing, both from a landlord and tenant perspective; and
- advising on the real estate aspects of a number of significant corporate transactions.
His practice also extends to property finance matters, including acting for a number of secured lenders, both onshore and offshore.
Michael is dual qualified in the UK and Australia bringing distinct advantages to clients nationally and globally.
- Acting for a national retail chain in respect of a retail portfolio of over 450 properties including drafting and advising upon all aspects of leasing transactions.
- Acting for a developer on the refinancing of a property portfolio with a deal value in excess of £25m.
- Acting for a logistics company in the letting of multiple sites across the south east, including at Heathrow and Gatwick airports.
- Acting for a Channel Islands based lender in respect of due diligence and security documentation for UK property.
- Advising on the property aspects of a sale of a multi-site business.
In his spare time Michael enjoys playing and watching many sports, including cricket, football, golf, rugby and horse racing.