"To say that we are pleased with the result is putting it very mildly, Thank you for all your hard work"
James Picknell provides "unparalleled attention to detail, while remaining focused on the overall strategy, together with excellent communication." His broad practice includes experience in dilapidations and adverse possession claims.
Chambers & Partners UK
James Picknell, who has 'an unparalleled attention to detail, remains focused on the overall strategy and keeps clients fully informed at all times.
Many thanks for the good news. We are both extremely pleased with the way you handled this matter and in particular the outcome.
- Acted for an international firm in respect of its defence and settlement of a substantial dilapidations claim concerning commercial property in the City.
- Acted for a well-known high street retailer in respect of a contested 1954 Act commercial lease renewal of flagship premises in London.
- Acting for clients in respect of their defence of proceedings in the High Court concerning a proposed residential development and the enforcement of restrictive covenants.
- Acted on behalf of a commercial tenant in respect of its defence and settlement of proceedings issued in the High Court concerning a substantial dilapidations claim of light industrial premises.
- Acted on behalf of joint defendants who were successful at trial in defeating a claim brought by several claimants for parking rights over a private road and recovering a significant proportion of their costs.
- Acted for several defendants in their successful defence of injunction proceedings issued in the High Court based on alleged claims of conspiracy to injure and unlawful means conspiracy.
- Advised a major plc in relation to a dispute concerning airspace and prescriptive rights arguments for pipes over a river.
- Acted on behalf of clients in their successful resolution of a claim brought in adverse possession relating to a disputed boundary.
- Acted on a number of complicated exit strategies for commercial tenants involving onerous break clause conditions and hostile landlords.
- Succeeded in obtaining possessory title to land pursuant to a complicated area of adverse possession law.
At Mundays, we have a very experienced and dedicated team of property dispute resolution lawyers who act for a wide variety of clients in both the commercial and private sectors. We work hard to understand the property markets and connected industry sectors in which our clients operate and their commercial and personal concerns.
Mundays property department has developed a dedicated team to meet the specific needs of the ever changing retail sector.
James studied at University of West of England, Bristol.
James is a member of the The Law Society and the Property Litigation Association.
The whole team at Mundays are client focussed, approachable and friendly people who are willing to help, so you should feel confident in contacting any of them at any time. Details of our staff members can be found on our People page or via the team member links on the pages explaining the services we provide