Gemma James' broad expertise includes conventional and Islamic finance.
The Legal 500 UK
Gemma James, who is 'very approachable, competent and fully up to speed with clients' requirements'.
The Legal 500 UK
- regularly handling all property aspects associated with multi-tenanted industrial estates in various parts of the country owned by on-shore and off-shore investor clients. A recent partial renovation at one such local site involved development and letting agreements in order to achieve rearrangements of tenant occupancy at the site before, during and after the works.
- handling the transactional property portfolio for a well-known nationwide high street retailer.
- acting for a well-known international co-working office space provider in taking a significant lease designed to be a hub for cryptocurrency and blockchain communities.
- working with a wide variety of logistics clients to ensure their property portfolios accord with their requirements, for example, in the case of several of the largest international air cargo operating companies, rearranging and coordinating the timing of their occupancy of various airport units and offices to minimise their liability when surrendering all or part of their leases, carrying out works, entering new leases and granting sub-leases.
- acting for a Family Office investor in connection with the purchase and subsequent re-financing of a large mixed property portfolio, including ongoing estate management.
- advising investor clients disposing of properties at auction, several of which of late have achieved far higher prices than ever anticipated
Mundays property department has developed a dedicated team to meet the specific needs of the ever changing retail sector.
Aviation & Logistics Property→
Our team provides industry-specific advice and assistance across a full range of property-related legal services for all types of properties including warehouses and offices.
We provide professional advice to make sure your lease fits your business' specific needs.
Buying and selling a property can be a stressful time and clients benefit by having solicitors who can make the process run smoothly by offering clear advice and solving problems quickly.
Family run businesses→
Managing a family run or family owned business presents a number of interesting and unique challenges that are rarely present in other private businesses.
Gemma was admitted to the Degree of Bachelor of Laws with First Class Honours at the University of Kent in 2001, receiving the Anthony London Prize for the best result by any Eliot College student in law for the year. She achieved a Post-Graduate Diploma in Legal Practice with Distinction from the College of Law in 2002, and received an award from the Law Society for outstanding performance by obtaining one of the highest marks that year nationwide.
Identity fraud risks for property owners
10th October, 2018
Terrible tales of fraudsters mortgaging or selling properties they do not own are increasingly common. Mundays can minimise these risks for you?
Sharing Space – The Future of Distribution Centre Occupation
27th September, 2017
Gemma James looks at premises sharing for suppliers who need to meet the expectation of a swift despatch and delivery by being in multiple locations
COMING SOON: Major Impact of the MEES Regulations for Landlords and Tenant of Logistics Premises
13th June, 2017
Gemma James looks at the revised property energy performance regulations coming into effect in April 2018.
The whole team at Mundays are client focussed, approachable and friendly people who are willing to help, so you should feel confident in contacting any of them at any time. Details of our staff members can be found on our People page or via the team member links on the pages explaining the services we provide