Gavin is a specialist in commercial property matters including landlord and tenant, property investment and asset management. Gavin has years of experience of achieving excellent results for a variety of property clients including investors, corporate occupiers, lenders and developers. He applies commercially-minded solutions to legal issues in order to drive deals through for his clients.
Gavin’s clients consider him part of their team, allowing them to focus on the bigger picture.
Examples of recent transactions handled by Gavin include:
- Leasehold renewals, acquisitions, disposals and managing the extensive property portfolio of T. M. Lewin & Sons Limited
- Advising an international industrial gases company regarding property involved in a £20 million corporate acquisition and a $3.8 billion corporate disposal
- New HQ lease for a global marketing agency with annual rent in excess of £1.2m and complicated construction aspects
- Acquisitions of a £1.24m investment property, a £3.5m mixed-use building in Marylebone and £1.5m HQ office space in Middlesex for global clients
- Supporting high-value corporate deals including a rapid purchase of an insurance business occupying 3 sites and the sale of an international tour operator
- Acquiring multiple development sites at values between £1m-3m involving overage
- Real estate finance instructions from various lenders including an international client taking a £45m facility secured against various properties, a £4.8m portfolio transfer and a £2.5m development site in Kensington
- Managing the properties of a two-time Sunday Times Fast Track 100 bar & restaurant company
Gavin spends a lot of his free time with his wife and three children but he is very keen on winter sports and he also cycles when he finds the time.
- Trained with Judge & Priestley LLP, Bromley; qualified 2007
- Abrahams Dresden LLP, Clerkenwell, Midtown – 2010 to 2012
- asb law LLP, Gatwick – 2012 to 2014
- Joined Mundays LLP January 2015
- Appointed Partner August 2017