In the field of corporate reconstruction, Mundays acts for insolvency practitioners throughout the South East as well as companies faced with financial difficulty or otherwise considering restructuring. We understand the need for fast, clear and pragmatic advice. Where we are involved in the process early we work alongside our corporate finance and banking teams to help businesses avoid formal insolvency through restructuring or refinancing. Our banking team has links with banks and asset based lenders throughout the region and extensive experience in advising clients in relation to disposals, acquisitions and restructurings.
We provide advice in relation to:
- Company administrations, including pre-pack administrations
- The appointment of Administrative and LPA Receivers
- Company Voluntary Arrangements
- Company liquidation, the alternatives to liquidation and the implications for directors
- The acquisition of businesses or assets from an administrator
- MBOs and MBIs
- Reconstructions and turnaround/rescue packages
- Refinancing and debt restructuring
- Asset and goodwill sales
- Schemes of arrangement
Recent examples of work undertaken
- Drafting sale documentation and appointment of an administrator on behalf of security holders in connection with a pre-pack administration of a leisure company.
- Advising insolvency practitioners in a pre-pack sale of the business of a construction company.
- Advising an IT company in its acquisition of the business of a technology company by pre-pack sale.
- Advising a family run restaurant chain on its solvent reconstruction and division into two separate entities.