One of the leading franchise specialist law firms in the UK
Mundays has over 30 years experience of providing legal advice to both franchisees and franchisors.
In contrast to some boutique franchise law firms, our franchise team works closely with other departments at Mundays to provide a comprehensive service to franchise clients including specialist advice on employment, corporate restructuring, commercial property, IT and intellectual property issues and dispute resolution. Our specialist knowledge of the franchising sector and sound practical and commercial advice means you can concentrate on making your business successful and profitable. We are ranked second nationwide by Chambers Guide to the UK Legal Industry 2010.
As a longstanding affiliate member of the British Franchise Association, Mundays supports the BFA’s aims to promote ethical franchising. Mundays is also a founding member of Encouraging Women into Franchising (EWIF).
We work closely with other professionals including accountants, insurance brokers, banks and franchise consultants to assist with the preparation of financial models, identification of resources, territory allocation, recruitment and training, marketing, businesses for sale and corporate structuring.
Our franchise services include the following:
- Documentation: Preparation of Franchise Agreements; Master and Regional Franchise Agreements; Confidentiality Agreements; Terms and Conditions of Business; and other specialised documents.
- Advice on: Terms in the Franchise Agreement; renewal or restructuring; whether a business concept is franchisable; methods of expansion and routes to market; the protection and exploiting of the franchise brand and know-how; franchise property issues; purchase or sale of an existing franchise business; and establishment of franchisee associations.
- Reviewing: the Franchise Agreement; the Franchise Prospectus and marketing material, the Operations Manual and property arrangements to ensure that they conform to legislative changes; and ethical franchising and competition law.
- Franchise Disputes and Litigation: Resolution of conflicts with franchisees/franchisors; enforcement of contract terms; trade mark infringement; termination of franchises; and mediation. (Please see Franchise Disputes).
- For Franchisees and Franchisee Associations: We offer a swift fixed fee report on the franchise agreement, evaluating the obligations, rights, fee structure and hidden costs, renewal rights, support and training
- International Franchising: We can act as a one stop shop for Franchisors looking to expand internationally and have specific experience in France, Spain, Italy, Malta, the Middle East, South Africa, Australia, Thailand, Malaysia, and Singapore.